Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 1 In The Books


I can't believe I'm actually here.  It's all quite surreal.  I've always sold myself short and gone through life just coasting, rarely looking to the future in any significant way.  To say I live in the moment would be an accurate statement.  Slept like s**t last night so it was a VERY long day.

There are about 16 of us in the class and our instructor's name is Russ.  He's very animated and goes through the material very quickly.  We're going to be in class 7am-6pm, Mon-Thurs, with a 1 hour lunch at noon.  We went through the Permit section of the CDL drivers manual and spent some time on computer courses called eTread.  That was grueling!  Being as tired as I was, sitting there watching videos and answering pop quizzes (you never knew when you'd be quizzed) about put me in a coma!  Worst part was if you got the answer wrong you had to go back through that section again!  In the afternoon we did some practice tests and classroom review for the permit test.  We're to report to DPS in the morning to take our permit tests.  Things sure are moving fast!  Russ is recommending we get there at 6:30am so we can get back to the school early.


No comments:

Post a Comment